Bethany of "Gettin' It Pegged" is having a blog anniversary party and contest today. One of the ways to partipate is to fill out this little questionnaire, so here is my entry.
1. What was your age when you first discovered your love of yarn? What (or who) was it that introduced you to all that fibery goodness?
My grandmother was a fast and furious knitter and I always watched her knit in awe. I tried to learn when I was in high school but didn't quite get the hang of needle knitting. Loom knitting has been really fun for me in the last 6 months or so.
2.If you could sit down with anyone in the world to have a little knit along, who would it be?
My grandmother, but alas that is not to be.
3. What is your favorite comfy place or position in which to work with yarn?
I usually am sitting up in bed to knit.
4. Like our heroine in the story below, do you ever dream about soft fuzzy goodness? Or how to do a particular technique you’d never thought of while awake?
I do dream of new ideas. I get a lot of my best ideas in the shower, too.
5. What type of loomer/knitter/crocheter are you? Do you like long involved projects, or quickies full of fast satisfaction?
I like fast projects. I have trouble sticking to bigger projects but I am getting ready to try an afghan so we'll see!
6. Have you ever guiltily postponed dinner due to your involvement with a project?
Nah, just order Chinese!
7. What is your ultimate goal in your yarn life?
I would like to be able to design patterns. My first pattern (a mock cable dishcloth) is under consideration for the September Loom-Along for the Ravelry Loomin' Discloths group.
8. Do you have a favorite snack you like to munch while working with yarn?
Not really. It's kind of hard to nibble and loom, isn't it?
9. What is your all time most favorite yarn tool/accessory that you absolutely could not live without?
I like my ergonomic loom tool/crochet tool from provo craft.
10. What is your favorite movie?
Recently I realy enjoyed seeing WALL-E with my boys.
11. What is your favorite book as an adult…and what was yours as a child?
My favorite author is Jayne Ann Krentz. I also am terribly fond of the Lord of the Rings.
12. What are you working on right now with your yarn?
I am designing and knitting a Loom Knit Market bag on the Blue KK long loom. I am working on version 2 right now.
13. Is there a special project that you’ve been just dying for someone (or yourself) to design?
I am thinking about afghan stitch patterns right now.
14. Did someone invite you to join in on the party today?
Nah, I just showed up.
Well, I feel like I have talked about everything including the kitchen sink as well as the kitchen faucets. If you got this far, thanks for reading.