So obviously saving money is more important right now than it has been in a while. In this post I am going to brainstorm ideas for saving money.
1. Bundle services to save money. Charter Cable is offering some great deals as part of their ongoing black friday special. One of their deals is cable tv, internet and phone service for under $100 a month and you get a free $150 gift card with a new signup. They are also doing a limited giveaway of 45 X-Box gaming systems.
2. Stay home. If you don't go anywhere its easier to save money. Hey, if you got the bundled cable deal you can watch great movies and shows while you are hanging out at home. And if that gets boring check out the next tip.
3. Go to the park! Your local park may have hiking trails, nature watching, a river to watch go by, and all sorts of free fun.
4. I have been using compact fluorescent light bulbs for years, and am very glad to see they are now available all over the place and in more sizes. Yes they may cost more in the first place but they last so much longer and are cheaper to run.
5. Use up your stash. Whether this is crafting supplies, food in the freezer and pantry, or even entertainment. Pull out those video games you haven't played in a while. Cook dinner out of the pantry and freezer, make a project out of stashed scrapbooking supplies or yarn.
6. Cancel services you don't need. Not going to the gym? Not using Netflix? Cancel those recurring charges.
7. Rechargeable batteries and charger can save money over regular disposable batteries. My wireless mouse and keyboard just eat up AA batteries so now I am using the recharables.