I and 533,000 other people lost their jobs in November 2008. Today was a hard day for me. I still have a cold, I had a headache, and I really just felt like sleeping all day long. My resume still needs about 10% more work before it is done and I am feeling the pressure to get it done and done well. It's officially one week since I was laid off.
But lets look at what I have accomplished:
1. Updated my linkedin profile and reached out to everyone in my network. Received two positive recommendations on linkedin.
2. My resume is 90% done.
3. I have one job lead I am following up on.
4. I have two great new interview suits and three shells/shirts to go under them. Also already have the perfect shoes for them both. Both suits are already altered to fit and haging in my closet ready to go.
5. We have started the process of switching health insurance to hubby's work.
6. I have the date and process in line for when I can sign up for unemployment if I still am out of work at that time. (God I hope I have a job before then!)
7. I have signed all the paperwork for ex-employer and returned all assets.
I am trying to establish my inner peace about the situation. I am envisioning myself in a new work environment surrounded by some new office furniture.